Knitwear and woven fabrics are different. Knitted fabrics and woven fabrics have their own unique characteristics in terms of processing technology, fabric structure, fabric characteristics and finished products.
(1) The composition of the fabric: (1) Knitted fabric: the yarn is sequentially bent into a coil, and the coils are sleeved to form a fabric, and the process of forming the stitch of the yarn can be carried out laterally or vertically, and the transverse weave is called It is a weft knitted fabric, and the longitudinal weaving is called a warp knitted fabric. (2) Woven fabric: It is made up of two or more sets of mutually perpendicular yarns, which are interwoven with warp and weft at a 90-degree angle. The longitudinal yarn is called warp yarn, and the horizontal yarn is called weft yarn.
(2) Basic unit of fabric organization: (1) Knitted fabric: The coil is the smallest basic unit of the knitted fabric, and the coil is composed of a circle and a stretched line in a spatial curve. (2) Woven fabric: Each point of intersection between warp and weft is called the tissue point and is the smallest basic unit of the woven fabric.
(3) Fabric texture characteristics: (1) Knitted fabric: Because the coil is a yarn that is bent in space, and each coil is composed of one yarn. When the knitted fabric is subjected to external tension, such as longitudinal stretching, the coil The bending changes, and the height of the coil also increases, while the width of the coil is reduced. For example, the tension is transverse stretching, and the opposite is true. The height and width of the coil are obviously mutually convertible under different tension conditions, so knitting The extensibility of the object is large. (2) woven fabric: because the warp and weft are interlaced somewhat curved, and the crepe is bent in a direction perpendicular to the plane of the fabric, the degree of bending and the mutual tension between the warp and weft, as well as the yarn stiffness, when the woven fabric is affected External tension, such as stretching in the longitudinal direction, increases the tension of the warp, and the bending decreases, while the bending of the weft increases, such as longitudinal stretching, until the warp yarn is completely straightened, while the fabric shrinks laterally. When the woven fabric is stretched in the transverse direction by the external tension, the tension of the weft yarn is increased, the bending is reduced, and the warp yarn bending is increased, such as the transverse stretching, until the weft yarn is completely straightened, and the fabric is longitudinally contracted. However, the weft yarn does not change, unlike the knitted fabric.
- Coated Cloth
- Coated Cloth Classification
- Coated Cloth Use And Product Performance
- Tarpaulin Classification
- Stretch Fabrics
- PVC Fabric
- Fabric Type
- Fabric Characteristics
- Identification Of Fabric Properties
- Fabric Identification Method
- IFAI EXPO 2018